16 May 2011

Roller coaster motivation

I've been unemployed for a while. This has led to an off-and-on inspired, lazy, energetic, lethargic, up, down, roller coaster lifestyle for a couple of months. Luckily, I've pretty much stuck to my diet, and whereas I could be healthier than I am, I am working towards that, it's tough to stay motivated on an even level.

With what I think is my PTSD and anxiety rearing their ugly heads, I notice that sometimes I'll put things off that are very important. For example, I needed to get a document notarized and sent off with other documents, and could have done this two weeks ago. Instead, I waited until what I realize could be the last possible moment to get it done and still meet the deadline. Now, I ended up paying extra money for it, and am now going to be on edge about it until I hear back.

Sometimes, like last week, I'll have 200% motivation and focus. Now herein lies the question: who has had this type of roller coaster motivation and conquered it? How did you do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment