11 May 2011

checking in

I went to the local island again to walk with the dog; we walked for 70 minutes.  It was probably 3.0 - 3.5 mph, with bits of jogging thrown in.  I averaged (according to an online calculator and averaging), approximately 600 calories.

After I got back I was tired.  I stupidly sat down for a minute and so did not want to move. I got up anyway and forced myself down to the gym, because I already made that promise to myself.  I did the elliptical for 50 minutes, for 563 calories.  1163 calories is pretty good for a day! :)

That all being said, I'm feeling pretty good about it! :)  My shin bone hurts a lot right underneath the skin, so I'm kind of wondering if I am developing a shin-splint, which I've never had before. I'm probably going to skip any jogging, and do a slightly lighter activity tomorrow, which will be day 5 in a row of activity :) ..  It will be raining for almost a week beginning tomorrow night, so I think I'll take Friday as a rest day before my Saturday 3-mile walk.

I need to focus on stretching a lot more. I can't figure out why my muscles are so tight and aren't loosening up at all. I also feel kind of dumb that I'm proud of myself for exercising for 4 days in a row so far, because it's such a small accomplishment.  But oh well.  Bed time! :)  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment