25 April 2011

I can't live, if living is without you

Mariah Carey said it right ... in that one line anyway. "I can't live, if living is without you-u-u." I have two pillows on my bed and I sleep on the left side of my bed with a specific pillow. The other one I only occasionally use, if I sleep on my side. Mind you, they're not that different - maybe just an inch or two of thickness at most. Sometimes I accidently put them on the opposite side of the bed (whilst changing sheets etc), and it can take a couple of horrific nights to figure this out.

Late last week, I did the dreadful incorrect side switch. Unbeknownst to me as to why, I have had 16 to *maybe* 18 hours of sleep in 3 days. I have trouble falling asleep, do so around 12-12:30, and wake up by 5:30-6 with a painful stiff neck and back, feeling frustrated, delirious.  My days go south: I don't exercise as I'm exhausted, food habits turn to junk, etc. Of course I can never figure out why, until my pillows are discovered!

The stars aligned early this morning, when for some reason I clutched my pillow.  It felt funny, just off slightly.  I reached over to the other pillow and I could almost hear the sky opening up and birds singing. I DID IT AGAIN! I quickly switched them and laid back. I was so excited to go back to sleep, but I realized that I had to get out of bed at that moment. Talk about a buzz kill.

So, dear pillow, please don't leave me.  You are one idiosyncrasy that I can't bear to part with. I look forward to an early night tonight, and 8-9 hours of blissful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment