21 April 2011

Only I would...

Only I would leave my wallet on my couch and drive to a parking garage (for a job interview, thankfully!) that requires payment.  The interview went great.  It was supposed to be up to an hour, of course chatty cathy here helps extend it to 75 minutes.  I felt like skipping with joy to my car because it went well. I realized at the building exit that I don't have my wallet. Where the frick is my wallet!?!  Oh duh, it's at home. I found an unused Amex gift card from probably two christmases ago and of course it was empty because of those stupid finance charges. B*st*rds!

I tore apart my car looking for change. I found $.94, including 34 pennies.  They required $2 for me to exit.  I drove towards the exit, feeling like I could cry, but thinking that it'd be stupid if I did, because it's $1.06 and I'm probably not the first person this happened to. Also glad that this means I can't pull over at a drive-thru on the way home to stress eat.  Back to reality.  I pull up and it's a cluster***k at the exit.  There are only 2 exits open, both of which are for pre-paid cars.  Awesome, right?  


I pulled over to the side to see if I could talk to someone, and got boxed in. Someone then comes over and tells me to get in an open cashier lane, which will be a minute or so, then I could fill out a form and mail in $2 (great, it'll be $2.47 now, including postage). Finally they opened a cashier lane. I made my way in after some jack*ss in an SUV cuts me off and then stares creepily at me, I was third in line.  I looked in my mirror and there were no joke, at least six cars behind me.  After an eternity that was probably only two minutes tops, it was my turn.


I told the female cashier what happened and she was even more flustered than I was. She handed me something to fill out, I did it, she took the $.94 cents and then got so flustered that she just told me to leave. I didn't have to mail anything, I was able to "keep" the $1.06 that I will now probably irresponsibly spend on a Starbucks beverage tomorrow on the way to another interview. 


I don't really have a moral of the story.  This is just how my life goes. I stumbled and tripped through another day, and was lucky enough to not eat fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment