10 May 2011

All this for a banana!?

I came back from the gym and felt great.  I was about to get in the shower when I realized I was ravenous.  I went into the kitchen for a banana.  Something smelled a bit funky, like a slightly decaying food item, near where I keep wine and cookbooks.  Gross, I had to investigate. 

I pulled the wine rack forward by about 2-3" and the largest bottle I've ever had in my kitchen (an inexpensive 2009 pinot grigio for the curious), which was laying on top slid back against the wall and just cracked open.  

Wine was gushing everywhere, into two drawers and two cabinets, soaking everything in its path.  All pots and pans, all utensils, measuring items, everything was just soaked.  My legs and feet were covered in wine, the drawers were like a pinot grigio swimming pool. 

I moved back and forth from the trash can to the sink to the counter to the cabinets and vice versa. It took about 2/3 of a roll of paper towels and 20 minutes to mop up the mess.  It'll take two loads in the dishwasher to ensure that everything is cleaned and not sticky and/or gross. In all of this, I only wanted a banana.   Story of my life! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment